Much ado about nothing
For the first time since I was in London last year, I'm posting from an internet cafe (and the most expensive one I've seen at that) becuase my laptop, after fixing itself, blew up even worse on saturday. It overheated and the screen scrambled, like it was in a bad early ninties movie.
My boss asked how I could be so calm about the approaching storm. "That's far from the first thing I'm worried about" came my reply. "I need to get a new key cut (becuase I lost the keys to my flat) and get my computer working again first." Everyone was panicing and fighting over gas, it was a bit like Mad Max, only not as cool. Isn't this the state that has been through about 12 storms in the 15 years I've lived here? I thought people would be more relaxed and calm knowing what they have to do, and the fact that this storm wasn't even a big deal anyway.
Beach is back to normal this morning, but my paper shop is, of course, closed.
My boss asked how I could be so calm about the approaching storm. "That's far from the first thing I'm worried about" came my reply. "I need to get a new key cut (becuase I lost the keys to my flat) and get my computer working again first." Everyone was panicing and fighting over gas, it was a bit like Mad Max, only not as cool. Isn't this the state that has been through about 12 storms in the 15 years I've lived here? I thought people would be more relaxed and calm knowing what they have to do, and the fact that this storm wasn't even a big deal anyway.
Beach is back to normal this morning, but my paper shop is, of course, closed.

1 Comments:
12 storms in the last 15 years??? I thought you had about 15 storms during last winter alone.
Uncle
Post a Comment
<< Home