Sunday, August 08, 2021

So Much For That

I was supposed to be back in London, but as usual, life has other plans.

The Underground has temporarily shut down the lines I need to get to the hotel. On top of that, the trains were delayed today and tomorrow, due to engineering works. Which I was prepared for, but when I got as far as Southampton, they just outright cancelled the trains, after being sat on the platform for half an hour, due to a fire on the line.

I gave up and went home. Who knows what time I would have made it to London. It's 6:20 in the evening, and they're still cancelling trains now. Not sure I want to be in a plague incubator for that amount of time, with the world the way it is at the moment. Then I tried to get a refund for the hotel I had booked for tonight. But they are playing hardball, so it looks like I won't get any money back. What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Remember the days I used to walk to Miami Beach on a Sunday, get fried chicken on the way home, and watch the sunset from The Standard hotel pool? Yeah, I remember those days too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home