Dad Says Goodbye
Unfortunately, Dad passed away last night.
I had gone to the movies, and halfway through the film, I could feel my phone buzzing in my jacket pocket. Since it kept going off, I peeked at the screen and saw it was a Lymington number, and that I had a missed call from Mum. I left the cinema, and she told me that Dad had stopped breathing. I got to the care home, and Mum arrived shortly afterwards.
The outpouring of support and compassion has been so heartwarming to us both. From family, to friends to colleagues, it seems everyone has something nice to say about Dad.
Sadly, due to a backlog at the registrar's office, it will take several weeks before we are able to have a funeral, but in the meantime, there is an awful lot of paperwork and calls to make on both sides of the channel. Hopefully we can get everything sorted out.

1 Comments:
My condolences for the loss of your dad. Through some weird occasion i was aware of him passing away , even before reading this , as i was reading a physical newspaper this morning in the library. In it was a obituary ( i think something like that ) that was put in it by his Dutch family , i think to let the people over here know of the fact.
What a weird situation that it has to take so long to have a funeral , just goes to show the difference between our two countries.
I hope everything will go smooth , as in a situation like this anything is a burden
Again , my condolences.
Peter Lenting
X and J's dad
Post a Comment
<< Home