Laser Tag
The last time I played laser tag was in about 1995 or 1996. Lewis and Dan were still there. I remember Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 still felt relatively new in arcades. It was in a place on the south side of the 595 in South Florida. I'm guessing it's not there any more, but I can't even find where it used to be on Google Maps.
(Edit: scratch that, the amusement arcade is still there, but the laser tag is now a preschool. It's just off Pine Island Ridge Drive)
Anyway, this place today couldn't have been more different. It was in the woods somewhere way off near Blandford Forum. But it was great fun! There was loads of people, and many brought along their children as well. The guns looked like airsoft guns, rather than the modified barcode scanners we had back in the 90s. Good thing I brought the Ranger Rover, though. As the parking lot was a mud pie. Shame I forgot my wellies!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home