Saturday, February 27, 2021

Centre Parting

From ages 11 to about 17, I parted my hair in the middle, which was the style at the time. After that, I moved my parting back to the side, where it's stayed for the last twenty or so years. But now, apparently "Gen Z" kids are making fun of us for our side partings. So yesterday I decided to part my hair in the middle like I did at school, and I found that I've gotten a little too thin on top to really pull it off successfully.

But one thing I did find interesting: sometimes when I look in the mirror as I age, I almost don't recognise myself any more. But with my hair parted in the middle, when I caught a glimpse of myself, for a split second I felt as though I had just spotted an old friend I'd not seen in years.

1 Comments:

Blogger mary said...

hope he was a nice friend.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home