Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Return to Watford

Back again in Watford after fourteen years.

I'm sat outside the pub that wouldn't hire me, facing the bank that wouldn't let me open an account. Fourteen years ago, I was here, sleeping on a friend's couch, and looking for work. I'm still looking for work, but thankfully this is just their head office, and the contract itself is in Central London.

I have to admit, I have mixed feelings about being back. It certainly doesn't feel like the same amount of time has passed as it did between leaving for Miami, and coming here in 2005. But that's just because I'm older now. Being here feels rather like going to an unwanted middle school reunion. Part of you wants to show off all the success you had, but the rest of you really couldn't give a shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home