Mini Golf
Grand Prix Golf-o-Rama was one of the coolest places in the world.
It had the longest go-kart track in the world, the largest video arcade in the world, the tallest wooden roller coaster in the world, a mini Nascar track, a bungee jump, batting cages, and the worlds largest mini golf course. It actually had two. It was Heaven on Earth, before it got bought by someone else who ran it into the ground and it closed down. But that's another story.
Last week the team at work went to Brixton to play mini golf. I had the wrong idea entirely. I thought Brixton was still the way it was in the 80s with all the riots. It seems nowadays, it's become all hipster, just like Brooklyn and Redfern. Then I was expecting mini golf to be at least somewhat like Grand Prix, but on a smaller scale.
It was, in fact, nine holes in someone's garden tent. It was fun to spend time with the team out of hours. But I did find out I'm spoilt rotten in the mini golf department.
It had the longest go-kart track in the world, the largest video arcade in the world, the tallest wooden roller coaster in the world, a mini Nascar track, a bungee jump, batting cages, and the worlds largest mini golf course. It actually had two. It was Heaven on Earth, before it got bought by someone else who ran it into the ground and it closed down. But that's another story.
Last week the team at work went to Brixton to play mini golf. I had the wrong idea entirely. I thought Brixton was still the way it was in the 80s with all the riots. It seems nowadays, it's become all hipster, just like Brooklyn and Redfern. Then I was expecting mini golf to be at least somewhat like Grand Prix, but on a smaller scale.
It was, in fact, nine holes in someone's garden tent. It was fun to spend time with the team out of hours. But I did find out I'm spoilt rotten in the mini golf department.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home