Back On The Wagon
Not everyone gets to live out their dreams. Not everyone has
the chance to accomplish something that has occupied their thoughts every day
for close to two decades. Fortunately, I was one of those lucky people when I
got the chance to move back here to The New Forest.
But there's something that few stories or fairy tales ever
really explain. What do you do after you accomplish that goal. What are you
supposed to do next? There was an advert for Mercedes Benz that said, after you
realise your goal "drink it in, then pick a new one."
That's what I'm going to do. As of right now, I'm back on
the wagon. London presents so many
fantastic opportunities, it was getting to the point where not going was
becoming a worse and worse idea. I know that I could stay here forever and be
perfectly happy, but there is so much more out there. I need to see if I've
still got what it takes. Doing contract work for different companies seems to
cover all the bases. I've never done it before, but I've heard nothing but good
things.
I shall be keeping my flat here, though. Both as somewhere I
can come between contracts, and for personal reasons. I waited a long time to return home, and I don't want to feel like
I'm giving up all this. I'd like to have my cake and eat it too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home