So How Is It?
It's the question on everyone's lips: what is my new job like?
It's pretty great. Keep in mind I've said that about all of my other jobs as well, so we'll see how long I think that way. But they do seem to have the right frame of mind as well.
But the commute. Dear oh dear. Getting up at 6:40am to get to work for 8:45am. Then I leave at 5:15pm and get home at 7pm. That means almost four hours of my day is spent traveling. And an hour of that is waiting around at Southampton bloody Central.
It's is, however, a small price to pay to be back home in a job that I (so far) enjoy. It should shrink by half when I get to Lymington, and at least the majority of the time I'm actually on the train, I'm going through The New Forest. Not too many trips in the world better than that!
It's pretty great. Keep in mind I've said that about all of my other jobs as well, so we'll see how long I think that way. But they do seem to have the right frame of mind as well.
But the commute. Dear oh dear. Getting up at 6:40am to get to work for 8:45am. Then I leave at 5:15pm and get home at 7pm. That means almost four hours of my day is spent traveling. And an hour of that is waiting around at Southampton bloody Central.
It's is, however, a small price to pay to be back home in a job that I (so far) enjoy. It should shrink by half when I get to Lymington, and at least the majority of the time I'm actually on the train, I'm going through The New Forest. Not too many trips in the world better than that!

2 Comments:
Wow 2 hours to get to work? 6:45am wakeup!? I can never do such a long drive for work..15-20 minute drive is heaven!
mike
Like I said, you'll be able to catch up on your reading!
Post a Comment
<< Home