A Bronx Tale
I went to The Bronx on saturday night. Yeah, night! Boy was it an adventure.
When you get off the train, you are greeted by both the old and the new Yankee Stadiums right next door to each other. I have to admit, I am furiously against tearing down old stadiums, but the new Yankee Stadium is very, very impressive. Unlike the rubbish new English football grounds, this one actually resembles the old stadium, and says 'Yankee Stadium" in engraved gold letters. And seeing them both together is certainly a treat.
The rest of the Bronx is ghetto. Really ghetto. I was joking with some of the bums in the liquor store, but truth be told, it has been a long time since Hallandale. The party was great though, and their apartment overlooked the stadiums and you could see manhattan as well.
Coming back on the train, it was completely packed with all sorts of weird people. A lady kept jokingly putting her hand over my mouth when I would yawn, and this really odd chap got on with his kids and said rather strange things to them. A load of other stuff happened too. We kept joking this train was going to turn into a club like in that Fabolous video.
When you get off the train, you are greeted by both the old and the new Yankee Stadiums right next door to each other. I have to admit, I am furiously against tearing down old stadiums, but the new Yankee Stadium is very, very impressive. Unlike the rubbish new English football grounds, this one actually resembles the old stadium, and says 'Yankee Stadium" in engraved gold letters. And seeing them both together is certainly a treat.
The rest of the Bronx is ghetto. Really ghetto. I was joking with some of the bums in the liquor store, but truth be told, it has been a long time since Hallandale. The party was great though, and their apartment overlooked the stadiums and you could see manhattan as well.
Coming back on the train, it was completely packed with all sorts of weird people. A lady kept jokingly putting her hand over my mouth when I would yawn, and this really odd chap got on with his kids and said rather strange things to them. A load of other stuff happened too. We kept joking this train was going to turn into a club like in that Fabolous video.

1 Comments:
Sounds like that apartment party in Cloverfield. Including an interesting subway travel.
mike
Post a Comment
<< Home